Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
StockX is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) with large-scale distributed software systems experience and a background in data/machine learning systems. This person will be deeply involved in identifying longer term strategies and building scalable, secure, reliable, efficient, and privacy focused Data and ML products and platforms. This person will partner closely with engineering, product and other cross-functional teams to identify problem statements, create roadmaps, scope programs aligning them with business priorities, define milestones and success metrics, and drive them to completion by aligning and leading large cross-functional teams.
About the Role
The StockX Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in executing high-impact org-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations.
What you'll do
- A TPM in this role will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives in the Data/ AI systems. Specifically, the TPM will drive the problem space, work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize solutions, organize/align multiple engineering teams for delivery and drive execution leveraging milestones/KPIs.
- She/he will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks, and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- TPMs move fluidly from the big picture end-to-end software systems to low-level details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional software projects, often with tight deadlines.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop a broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Project manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones, and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Minimum of 7 years software industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a product based software development company as a TPM or Engineering Manager
- Technical experience in large Distributed Systems or Data Platforms or AI/ ML systems
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence
- Exposure to work in Offsite / Onsite teams spread in multiple time zones and countries
- Proven strong cross-team and cross-org stakeholder management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Analytical and truth-seeking mindset. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively
- Metrics-driven: Experience determining effective program KPIs and using them to measure program success and issues
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead
- Be exceptional at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or escalate, as required
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.