Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle substantial scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
We’re looking for a highly skilled senior technical leader to join the Software Engineering Team at StockX.
We utilize cutting edge tools and services like CircleCI, Kubernetes, LaunchDarkly, Datadog, and Amazon Web Services to build resilient and scalable platforms that accommodate our rapid growth. As a StockX Staff Software Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
What you'll do
- Contribute to overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of micro-services.
- Partner with other platform teams to build out scalable systems that support the StockX infrastructure.
- Refactor StockX's existing services infrastructure to take the experience to the next level.
- Support the build and deployment pipeline and when necessary, both diagnose and solve production support issues.
- Identify, scope, and architect solutions for new features while applying sound technical judgment that considers technology alternatives, impact on affected / adjacent systems and tradeoffs.
- Build premier applications using a variety of tools including GraphQL (Apollo), GoLang, NodeJS, AWS, and more.
- Serve as technical and functional specialist for backend micro services.
- Act as the services/platform expert on a multi-functional team working to build the best experience for StockX customers
- Work with Product, Design, and QA to deliver extraordinary digital experiences.
- Apply understanding to help improve the cloud infrastructure that powers our high-performance, consumer-scale site.
- Lead initiatives, technical design, and delivery of complex features across multiple systems to improve user experiences.
- Coach and mentor junior and senior engineers in engineering techniques, processes, and new technologies; enable others to succeed.
- Minimum of 10 years of meaningful experience
- At least 3 years in the architect role.
- Understanding of how to design, build, and scale a modern cloud-native software
- Strong experience with one or more back-end languages used by the team (NodeJS, GoLang) or equivalent experience in another language and a willingness to learn and get up to speed quickly
- Strong professional experience and understanding of data storage, relational (particularly Postgres) and non-relational (particularly Redis and DynamoDB)
- Advanced knowledge of system architecture and design patterns, especially with event-based architectures and an understanding of how to successfully use them with Kafka, SNS, SQS, or other related services
- Deep understanding of micro services architecture, design, and integration landscape of multiple systems
- Champion paying off technical debt to help the team move with increased agility
- Willing to try new technologies that can increase ease of development, scalability, or understanding.
- Experience with event-based architectures and an understanding of how to successfully use them with Kafka, SNS, SQS, or other related services
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You have built highly resilient and scalable REST-based services
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills when it comes to both working with engineering and business teams
- Experience with testing strategies and an understanding of when to use each
- Possess a strong understanding of what makes a system scalable and how to avoid future bottlenecks from technology choices
- Establishing a technical vision for a team and turning it into a reality
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.