Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle substantial scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
As a Data Engineer, you will be empowered to use data to drive amazing customer experiences and business results. You will be responsible for the end to end development of data engineering solutions to support analytical needs of the business. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with disparate datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer business questions at speed. You should have deep expertise in the creation and management of datasets and a consistent record of translating data into meaningful insights through collaboration with analysts, data scientists and business partners.
What you'll do
- Design and build mission critical data pipelines with a highly scalable distributed systems architecture - including data ingestion (streaming, events and batch), data integration, data curation
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, simplifying self-service support for business partners
- Automation of end to end data pipeline with metadata, data quality checks and audits
- Optimize data pipelines to support BI and ML use cases
- Support critical applications and near real time data needs from the data platform
- Gather and publish metadata and new data to subscribed users
- Work collaboratively with business analysts, product managers, data scientists as well as business partners, and actively participate in design thinking sessions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data engineering, software development, business intelligence, data science, or a related field with a proven track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- 1+ years of experience in using programming languages (Python / Scala / Java / C#) to build data pipelines
- 1+ years of experience building with AWS or other cloud environments
- Strong familiarity with batch processing and workflow tools such as AirFlow or NiFi
- Strong business attitude with customer obsession; ability to collaborate with business partners to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or other related quantitative field
Nice to have:
- Masters in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or other related quantitative field
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.