Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
The role of the SME is a senior authenticator function that supports the Trading Card operation in an accurate and timely manner. This role is the knowledge expert on the Trading Card industry as a whole, and provides leadership among authenticators by constantly informing, training, and making the tough call. This role is integral to the facility, providing a heightened level of attention to new and existing products while being able to communicate that amongst the team.
What you will do
- Deep industry knowledge of trading cards:
- Identify and confirm fakes or tampering in the industry, can identify patterns
- Understanding of grades, variations/parallels, rarity, card conditions
- Ingrained in trading card communities; can help us get ahead of new fraud tactics
- Familiar with Sports Cards (Basketball, Football) and Card Games (Pokemon, Magic)
- Supporting Authentication to ensure that product is authenticated accurately
- Creating and maintaining authentication procedures and standards
- Researching and communicating information on emerging product, common factory defects, fake training and other discoveries via SF/Slack/KM’s
- Providing on-the-spot feedback to authenticators for new / questionable product
- Assess customer returns in order to effectively place into inventory
- Working with product team for new releases on disclaimer updates (accessories, known/acceptable defects) and sets quality expectations
- Communicate specific cancellation reasons to customers
- Providing daily quality metrics, identifying operational process improvement requirements and creating actionable items
- Provide project management assistant for additional tasks as needed. Able to cross-train into other authentication subject areas like Sneakers, Apparel, Collectibles, or Electronics.
- Identify opportunities to continue to improve the efficiency of operations
- Perform routine sweeps collecting troubled shoes in order to reduce the amount of troubled shoes for the day.
- Utilization of AQA or SME form to collect data for trouble amounts specific to each site and authenticator.
- These will be the product level experts for tiering, DS, Fake, & NDS determinations.
- 2 years of experience in authentication, operations, or a related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trading card industry experience is a must
- Sense of urgency to perform tasks to timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well in teams and good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.