Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the Marketing team
The Marketing Team at StockX empowers our customers to participate in the current culture marketplace by providing concise and captivating data and storytelling about the products, people, and communities that make StockX possible. Furthermore, we drive activation, engagement, and retention through a variety of growth and performance tactics from a global + local point of view.
Our collaborative team of marketing and culture professionals provides insight for our customers to engage with the full range of product categories, from their first experience to establishing long-term brand loyalty. From global and regional campaigns, segmented and data-driven customer retention, strategic planning, performance marketing, innovative community and brand partnerships, relevant editorial features and series, and outstanding design, we understand what matters most to our customers: authenticity. When you join the Marketing Team, you will work on the frontline of customer experience ensuring that our customers stay up to date and are ready to Access the Now. Interested in joining the team? Learn more about the world of StockX through our Magazine, IG, and live marketplace.
About the role
The Senior Director of Global SEO will own, drive, define, prioritize, and execute StockX's SEO strategy across our existing and emerging markets. You are the internal evangelist across the company and responsible for business, technical, and content aspects. You will play a highly visible role in optimizing at a large scale, building new inspirational pages and features for our users, and evolving the experience to acquire new customers. You will be responsible for growing our SEO footprint on desktop and mobile, scaling revenue, and defining strategy for continued growth and improvement. You will be a catalyst to StockX's content strategy and integrating SEO standard methodologies into the customer experience.
What you'll do
- Champion innovation in the SEO space and providing leadership, credibility, and influence within the organization. Continually assessing the overall landscape to identify consumer trends and competitive threats.
- Deeply understand the “health” of our SEO channel, leading management of a global SEO roadmap, oversight of technology partners, and optimizing our SEO campaigns.
- Design testing strategies and surface new revenue opportunities to accelerate customer acquisition across our global footprint, building a vision for SEO growth and measurement on Google as well as other key global search platforms.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive SEO plan with both technical and non-technical opportunities which grow our organic traffic. Support the evolution of our onsite content strategy- supporting transactional pages, informational/educational content, and other new offerings.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to define SEO product requirements, implement SEO improvements, and set SEO guidelines and standards
- Lead any 3rd party SEO tools or agencies (SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, Ahrefs, backlink outreach, agencies) as well as company relevant search features (Knowledge panels, Conductor, Google Search Console, etc.).
- Partner closely with our catalog organization to establish education on SEO best practices as it relates to website taxonomy to scale optimization efforts as the site evolves.
- Collaborate with our analytics team to ensure data integrity, deliver ongoing business reporting needs, and establish new reports which improve efficiency of data gathering and insights.
- Direct all SEO initiatives while collaborating with product management, engineers, and other key partners to ensure successful implementation. Manage sophisticated SEO projects from conception through delivery.
- Serve as a key stakeholder for SEO efforts across other teams, including providing product requirements related to SEO, maintaining content best practices, and leading technical review and UAT. Report weekly and monthly business performance to executive partners.
- Collaborate on the strategic development of new and existing SEO marketing technology partnerships and integrations, with a focus on driving lifetime value, customer growth, and operational efficiency.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in online marketing, eCommerce, or related fields
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Shown success in large consumer-centric e-commerce business across global search platforms
- Experience crafting content strategies with SEO rankings in mind
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into measurable insights and recommendations and tell a story using data
- Experience writing detailed project specs and collaborating with product and engineering teams to ensure successful implementation
- Extensive experience working with SEO tools such as Google Search Console, Brightedge, Botify, Conductor, Screaming Frog, etc.
- SQL experience a plus
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.