Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role:
As we begin to uplevel our investments in brand for 2022 and beyond, we are seeking a Director of Brand Strategy and Innovation to lead the cross functional marketing teams towards building and executing a strategic, well integrated and successful brand plan. You will build ground-up processes to drive the planning and execution of initiatives so we can connect the dots between our brand and customer truths. In this role, you will need to be a creative storyteller who can inspire all kinds of thinkers, effective at influencing stakeholders (particularly those who own key channels you’d like to align to your strategies), skilled at balancing creative aspiration and logistical realities, and comfortable working as an IC.
What you will do:
- Drive Brand Strategy & Planning: Develop long-term brand strategy, defining the brand value proposition and messaging frameworks, customer segmentation, and external messaging. Drive annual brand marketing plans to ensure a consistent, relevant, high-impact approach to marketing mix, messages and creative expression across key seasons / initiatives to deliver specific business goals.
- Manage the Brand: Work with cross-functional teams to drive brand consistency, quality and adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new brand initiatives. Develop brand management systems and lead brand governance. Work with creative teams to ensure a high bar for creative direction and voice of the brand. Work with Customer Experience & Insights team to measure the brand and associated KPIs.
- Manage Global Brand Campaigns. For global brand initiatives, lead development of clear and inspiring creative briefs grounded in customer insights and business needs so creative / program partners can develop world class output that build equity and deliver results. Project manage from end to end to ensure ongoing support / collaboration, on time and on budget delivery, and clear timely campaign evaluation / optimization.
- Innovation: Help us see “what’s next” by working with our Customer Experience & Insights team and external partners to identify future opportunities for brand expansion that are unique and differentiated from the competition.
- Organizational Alignment: Be the brand champion and drive organizational engagement, alignment and passion for brand strategy and annual plans - including with partners outside of marketing (i.e. product, CS, supply chain). Further, collaborate closely with these partners to ideate on products, solutions, and experiences that strengthen brand identity and deliver on brand promises.
- Minimum of 10 years of brand strategy and planning experience with a mix of agency and in house
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Customer-centric mindset and a strong ability to connect dots between customer truths, brand truths and cultural truths
- Proven experience conceptualizing, selling, and bringing to life breakthrough brand ideas across channels - with a strong emphasis on digital
- Strong ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Aptitude for paving new paths
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.