Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers to join some of our core teams which include:
Warehouse Management Systems and Logistics:
The Warehouse Team is responsible for the software systems that power the StockX global logistics, supply chain, inventory, and warehousing network. We build scalable and resilient microservices and tooling that enable our operations team members to process orders and drive customer delight. We utilize cutting edge tools and platforms such as Node.js, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS to handle our massive growth.
The Sell team builds tools and experiences to help casual and professional sellers alike, from around the world, list, manage, sell, and ship their products. The team is charged with growing the selling side of our business and ensuring a healthy marketplace for sellers and buyers. We also have a grand vision to build a scalable seller platform that includes a dedicated UX and backend services for managing all things related to sell, integrations with other e-commerce platforms, and public APIs to enable our tech-savvy sellers to build their own storefront.
Platform Engineering Team:
The Platform Engineering mission is to build foundational components which enable engineering teams to deliver robust services rapidly. We strive to learn and understand engineers’ collective needs such that we build a community that fosters innovation, inclusion, and growth. Our team focuses on building tools that empower all engineers (including ourselves) to run operationally excellent services.
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Take responsibility for the performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency
- Help define the way we work in the future including coding and design standards
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Take product requirements and transform them into technical tasks
- Mentor other software engineers to help bolster overall team competency
- Participate and/or conduct in agile ceremonies
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong professional experience and understanding of data storage, relational (particularly Postgres) and non-relational (particularly Redis and DynamoDB)
- Experience in service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience with event-based architectures and an understanding of how to successfully use them with Kafka, SNS, SQS, or other related services
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You have built highly resilient and scalable REST-based services
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
- Experience with testing strategies and an understanding of when to use each
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.