Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
StockX is seeking an experienced, practical attorney to provide legal support to multiple teams on a wide variety of commercial transactions. You will be joining a lean but mighty legal team in one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the world. The right attorney for this position is self-motivated, entrepreneurial, values customer service, and truly enjoys working directly with vendors and business stakeholders at all levels. The ideal candidate has experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, including SaaS, consulting, professional services, NDAs, click-through terms and conditions, service level agreements, and master services agreements. This position reports to the Associate Counsel and will involve hands-on collaboration with all StockX teams, particularly Technology and Business Operations.
What you will do
- As a front-line negotiator, you will find creative solutions that meet both StockX’s business and compliance needs and ensure that contracts comply with StockX policies and business needs.
- This position requires coordination with various stakeholders and subject matter experts in various roles, including information security, compliance, operations, product, engineering, and finance to help drive transactions to successful completion.
- You will also maintain and enforce contracting policies, which will involve obtaining and documenting approvals for non-standard terms, advising leadership on contractual terms and risks, and providing education to teams on contract issues.
- Use your judgment to make sound decisions quickly to facilitate deal execution, while minimizing risk to StockX’s interests.
- Assist as needed on other legal matters, including assistance with international expansion and M&A work.
- Help manage outside counsel and monitor the Legal inbox.
- Monitor and advise on legal developments relevant to StockX’s business worldwide
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a law firm, corporate legal or contracts department.
- Juris Doctorate.
- Active member of a state bar in good standing (Michigan bar strongly preferred).
- Experience advising or working with venture-backed emerging companies, e-commerce companies or technology is a plus.
- High level of comfort in a large, complex business environment interacting directly with business and technical colleagues and executive leadership in order to provide succinct, results-oriented advice in connection with contract terms and business policies/practices.
- Ability to effectively support numerous business units with diverse needs and changing priorities.
- Excellent contract drafting skills and ability to lead a contract negotiation, understanding how to balance key risks and opportunities to reach a mutually acceptable agreement while maintaining a professional decorum and fostering strong internal and external relationships.
- Significant experience negotiating critical contract terms, such as Limitations of Liability, Indemnification, Warranties, Termination, Data Security, and Confidentiality.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.