Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the People Experience team
We love what we do. The People Experience team at StockX is passionate about driving and supporting everything that makes StockX a remarkable experience for team members, contractors, and candidates. Join our team and you’ll have a chance to grow your career in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work with great people, and be a part of important change and initiatives in all areas of the team member lifecycle. If you want to have fun, do meaningful work on a dream team, and make a difference - all while working at one of the hottest startups anywhere - we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Our People Experience team lives our values, understands how our culture comes to life, and possesses a deep knowledge of the business and delivery of all People services to internal client groups to drive outstanding performance. People Experience leaders are students of the business and culture inside and out and are able to provide strategic partnership to the business leaders and the teams they support to enhance their growth and impact. This role will work closely with senior management in our technology and product divisions on high-impact people initiatives that impact business results and engagement. You will provide hands-on work on key initiatives and projects in areas such as organizational design, employee relations, policy and process, culture, diversity, management and leadership development, and our talent management processes.
Reporting to the VP, People Experience, this role is currently an individual contributor. This role can be remote-based but the preference would be Detroit, MI or Seattle, WA.
What you will do
The Director, People Experience (HRBP) will have a number of critical responsibilities focused on partnering different departments, scaling our processes, and evolving our employee value proposition strategy.
- As a fast growing start-up you will be asked to play a critical role in the design, scaling and execution of workforce plans and organizational development strategies, in support of our business and operational objectives.
- You will be central to driving the talent agenda for the technology and product teams, providing clear leadership on talent management, including assessing, developing, coaching and mentoring critical talent as part of implementing company-wide talent management processes.
- Leveraging a deep understanding of the business, you will help translate business plans into clear business-focused talent, engagement and organizational strategies that achieve our business outcomes.
- You will partner closely with senior leadership and recruiting to develop hiring plans that support business objectives and advance the technology and product team roadmap.
- We are passionate about diversity, and this role, in partnership with recruiting, D&I leadership and the technology leadership teams, has a critical impact in ensuring we bring diverse talent into the organization to ensure alignment with our goals.
- You will actively engage and collaborate with the HR Leadership Team and across the global HR organization to lead functional transformation, determine proactive enterprise-wide strategic priorities, and drive positive business results.
Your clients/colleagues will depend on you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant people support strategy.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build relationships quickly, you will establish an effective partnership with the teams you support as a tenured business partner, providing guidance across key talent decisions, advice and expertise tailored for specific business needs.
- We are a data driven company and the technology and product leadership teams will want your leadership to drive informed people decisions to identify trends; determine root cause of issues and develop effective organizational solutions.
- Understand and take an influencing role in the application of StockX’s total reward philosophy through proactive consultation with the business and partnership with the compensation team.
- Minimum of 10 years of generalist HR experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working in a start-up or fast-paced environment as well as a background in larger companies at scale a big plus
- Technology industry, global experience is critical, as is experience working closely with tech teams and CTO’s.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Analytical, data driven, with experience using HR data to generate insights and present findings.
- Demonstrated experience building strong, effective, and trusted relationships and networks at all levels of an organization.
- Experience coaching and developing employees, managers and leaders.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal integrity.
- Expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to clearly define, implement, communicate end user centric solutions and influence key stakeholders to execute.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.