Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
As the Payroll Manager, you will lead and manage all aspects of payroll for over 1,000 employees (and growing) across the globe. You will support global expansion and provide insight for 3rd party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical payroll processes. The successful candidate will be someone who is looking to build and manage a world-class payroll team, create payroll process and team in a rapidly growing company.
What you will do
- Oversee the payroll processing for multi-state domestic and international employees (salary and hourly employees).
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including but not limited to base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, pension, statutory and supplemental benefits, etc.
- Will work through payroll implementation to move existing payroll from shared service to in-house.
- Lead payroll development and implementation process for new countries or entities, as needed.
- Partner with the HR team to develop payroll best practices, guidelines and procedures as well as integrate with HR systems.
- Understand payroll strategies and deliver recommendations for improving payroll process.
- Champions payroll-related projects. Leads and supports all projects and initiatives directed by management.
- Work with Accounting Team to ensure all Payroll Accounting is completed accurately and timely.
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Support key controls and quarterly reviews.
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for global payroll.
- Partner with the P&C Business Partners and Warehouse Managers in enhancing the Company’s existing payroll procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with various organizations within the Company to support the payroll process and to drive efficiencies and accuracy.
- Bachelors Degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Payroll Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in payroll.
- Experience in processing payroll for 1,000+ employees.
- A Desire to build and manage a world-class global payroll function.
- Knowledge in labor and payroll tax laws and regulations.
- Workday experience is required.
- Experience in system implementation and/or migration.
- Experience with ISO’s, RSU’s, and NQSO’s.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.