Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Senior General Ledger Accountant - Singapore
About the role
As a Senior GL Accountant, you will be a key member of our accounting team and you will partner with Treasury, Revenue, FP&A, and external auditors. You will support StockX’s overall objective of providing timely and accurate financial results -with insights- by performing critical tasks needed for the monthly close. You will be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You will also be involved in a number of ad hoc projects to support our growing business.
What you will do
- Assist in the preparation and review of periodic accounting entries and reconciliations
- Responsible for month, quarter and year-end close related activities including trend analysis, preparation of flux analysis and ad hoc analysis, various month-end reports and reconciliations
- Assist with internal controls implementation and compliance.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies, coding errors and other issues that should be researched and resolved or brought to management's attention
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for external audits and correspond directly with external auditors to provide requested schedules and support.
- Assist in ERP implementation, set-up, and on-going maintenance. Design and develop reports as needed.
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working at a public company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Bonus points if you have a CPA & Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience with financial statement footnote disclosures
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software (Workday, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment
- Able to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies quickly
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.