Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the role
StockX’s Head of Internal Audit is a newly created key leadership role reporting to the CFO and Audit Committee. The Head of Internal Audit will build StockX’s global initiative for the monitoring, testing and optimization of our internal controls over financial reporting. The individual will also serve as the global project manager to develop a SOX compliance testing program, liaising with both internal and external teams. Key areas of responsibility include risk assessments, audit plan development, and execution of financial and operational audits to evaluate the Company’s internal controls. The role will also partner with StockX’s Compliance team on the adherence to Company policies and procedures, and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory standards. The successful candidate will be the subject matter specialist over the Company’s financial reporting risks, SOX compliance programs and other operational risks within the organization.
What you will do
- Partner with the StockX’s 404/SOX consultants on the initial 404 control design, documentation, testing and remediation work as part of our IPO readiness efforts
- Establish StockX’s Internal Audit Charter and develop the Company’s internal audit strategy and roadmap
- Develop StockX’s Internal Audit Professional Practices and lead in the implementation of processes and tools supporting the Practices
- Lead engagement planning and scoping activities pertaining to the Company’s audit plan including the assessment of all relevant risk factors
- Manage and execute audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, developing audit recommendations, surfacing identified issues with management, and preparing audit reports
- Educate others on the operational/technical risks and in the evaluation of control design and effectiveness of control activities in accordance with the COSO framework
- Oversee the entire SOX process and collaborate with our independent external auditor (EY) to ensure efficient and effective coverage of financial controls
- Identify and develop audit techniques including continuous auditing, data analysis and monitoring leveraging our Workday and other related platforms
- Facilitate StockX’s Enterprise Risk Assessments
- Foster and maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment
- Partner in activities related to systems development, new geographies/verticals, and analyze new policies to ensure that control considerations are captured
- Establish and maintain relationships with key executives across the Company as well as with the Audit Committee
- Minimum of 10 years in internal audit and risk management experience with minimum of six years in a senior level audit leadership role within a publicly traded company or Big 4 accounting firm
- Operational or client experience with a high-growth company expected, with a strong preference for experience within ecommerce
- Significant experience with international operations expected, particularly in Europe and Asia
- Bachelor's or equivalent in accounting or business-related field; CIA, CPA , CISA or other relevant professional certification
- Experience with risk areas including financial, operational, regulatory compliance, and cybersecurity assumed
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and international accounting standards and experience overseeing a global program
- Strong interpersonal skills appropriate to executive and board level reporting and presentation
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.