Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
StockX is seeking a motivated, dedicated, and focused individual with payments experience to lead a growing team with a primary focus on payments, payouts and pricing to help facilitate a growing culture of efficiency and pricing advantage for all StockX team members and customers. The Lead Product Manager for Payments will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and analysts as well as working with the Finance, Identity, Safety & Trust, Payment Operations, Customer Service, Legal and other teams to build StockX’s marketplace, worldwide payments & payouts solutions, processes and technology.
The Lead Product Manager for Payments will be responsible for the strategic plan, product roadmap, business operations, and partner relationship management of our payments, payouts and pricing domains. Strategically Payments & Payouts for a managed marketplace is a key competitive advantage and can create net new revenue streams for the company, as well as a large contributor to costs for our company and our customers. The role will therefore be tasked with creating a secure, compliant platform, which uses fees and pricing to create supply and demand leverage, and advanced payments strategies to drive optimal sell through and conversion rates at the lowest cost to the business. Deep experience in global marketplace payment and payout operations will be crucial to drive a safe, easy customer experience for both buyers and sellers on the StockX platform. Experience in Payment Orchestration, Payment Gateways, Global Payouts, Payment Fraud and Payments/Payout reconciliation. This role will work closely with engineering, finance, international leaders, customer service, marketing, legal, and compliance to deploy products, which give StockX a competitive edge in payments, payouts, & pricing worldwide.
This role will be responsible for leading company wide initiatives to streamline our payments and payouts systems. This includes introducing one or more payment orchestration vendors with multiple payment gateways and new payment methods internationally. Additionally, StockX plans on significant improvements to our payout methods, systems and timings. This role will have to work tightly with both the buy and sell side of our marketplace as well as finance and taxes.
- Effectively lead an engineering team or teams.
- Regular updates on the state of payments to audiences including executives and board members.
- Effective monitoring and reporting of payment trends within the company and suggest improvements or adjustments to improve payment and payout efficiency.
- Assist Fraud Teams with proper review of disputes and investigations to be done within process and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that payment processes are documented and followed throughout the company.
- Provide continual training and coaching to team members in proper payment processes.
- Maintain thorough and accurate reporting on the results of payments, payouts and pricing as well as any investigations and analysis to be used in presentations for StockX Senior leadership.
- Partner with Customer Support to ensure proper handoff and consultation for support cases involving pricing and payout issues as well as fraud or potential fraud.
- Review analysis and reporting on payments from our payment partners and cleanly escalate needed information for StockX Senior leadership.
- Work with payment partners and internal teams on potential inefficiencies and weaknesses to close any possible gaps.
- Maintain clean and detailed record keeping of instances of payment issues and losses sustained by StockX including documented learnings from each case.
- Use provided data and analytics to develop and implement new measures to reduce payment and payout costs.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to identify new areas of opportunity and take proactive measures whenever possible.
- Recommend, authorize and implement new tools, partners and processes to be used for payments and payouts.
- Provide feedback and assistance to additional departments in instances of possible inefficiencies and access control issues.
- Maintain vendor management with external partners and ensure effectiveness.
- Occasional travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position to meet partners, visit business offices and stakeholders as well as authentication centers worldwide to ensure compliance.
- Experience in payment and payout processing at the international level.
- Experience in Payment Orchestration and Payment Gateways including implementation and configuration.
- Detailed knowledge of International Payment systems and implications for costs and approval rates.
- Extensive experience with Payment Vendors such as: Ayden, BrainTree, PayPal, Hyperwallet, Payoneer, Process Out and Citcon.
- Experience with international payments such as: AliPay, Kakao Pay, Apple/Samsung Pay, UnionPay and others.
- Experience with Payment Fraud systems and interactions with payment gateways.
- Experience in currency conversion within pricing systems.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a lead product role with management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the executive level.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to cooperate across organizational/department boundaries to reach mutual goals
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation and drug test
- Consent to recurring background investigations at discretion of senior management
- Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations and confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficiency in using data analysis and computer-based tools, such as Google and Microsoft Office Suite and similar products
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing tasks and priorities
- Expertise in managed marketplace business models
- Familiarity with Marketplace/StockX operations
- Expert Payment experience in multiple regions, especially APAC.
- Fraud and investigative experience
- Experience with multiple payment providers and orchestrations layers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.