Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join the Edge Platform Team at StockX.
The Edge Platform Team is on a mission to build a self-service API platform targeted at delivering trusted, reliable and fast communication between client applications and services. We are adopting exciting new technologies such as GraphQL in a federated model and we are enabling the success of engineers at StockX by providing tooling, training, and a platform to build upon.
What you'll do
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Take responsibility for the performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency
- Help define the way engineers at StockX contribute to a robust, cohesive, low-latency API
- Work autonomously and within loosely defined requirements
- Work with other engineering teams to identify needs, pain points, and opportunities
- Mentor other software engineers to help bolster overall team competency
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in service-oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience with GraphQL in a federated model
- Experience managing and/or implementing an API gateway
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You have built highly resilient and scalable services
- You are product-focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
- Experience with testing strategies and an understanding of when to use each
- You are empathetic and have a desire to create a top-notch developer experience and self-service platform
- Possess a strong understanding of what makes a system scalable and how to avoid future bottlenecks.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.