Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
We're looking for Software Engineers to join some of our core teams which include:
Warehouse Management Systems and Logistics:
The Warehouse Team is responsible for the software systems that power the StockX global logistics, supply chain, inventory, and warehousing network. We build scalable and resilient microservices and tooling that enable our operations team members to process orders and drive customer delight. We utilize cutting edge tools and platforms such as Node.js, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS to handle our massive growth.
Core Developer Platform:
We're looking for an eager Engineering Manager to take full ownership over our popular promotions (including ReStockX, IPO, Charity, Black Friday and more) and rethink how we start, stop and manage them. We are also looking for ownership over our discount code management tool. High visibility greenfield opportunities with the end goal being automating the process out of Engineering.
Every cent of money that StockX touches runs through the Money Team. Our services are responsible for billions of dollars a year, in currencies across the world, and a growing list of payment methods to bring our customers the best experience for their needs. If our services are down, the sellers on our platform are not getting paid, and that impacts real people’s lives. It is our mission to build the highest quality systems, at massive scale, with better uptime than our vendors. Some of the most challenging technical problems at StockX are being solved today on the Money Team.
The Sell team builds tools and experiences to help casual and professional sellers alike, from around the world, list, manage, sell, and ship their products. The team is charged with growing the selling side of our business and ensuring a healthy marketplace for sellers and buyers. We also have a grand vision to build a scalable seller platform that includes a dedicated UX and backend services for managing all things related to sell, integrations with other e-commerce platforms, and public APIs to enable our tech-savvy sellers to build their own storefront.
Your Day-to-day Will Involve
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll partner with peers in Product Management, Design, and Project Management to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- You’ll partner with the Data organization to create personalized products, including recommendation engines.
- You’ll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
Some Things We Consider Critical For This Role
- You have 2+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in building customer-facing products to recognize the important moments your team faces and give meaningful advice.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You may have delivered ranking and personalization consumer products.
- You may have great UI/UX instincts with the ability to identify and prioritize what’s important to end-users.
- You may have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Postgres, and Kafka.
- You may have managed a full stack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You may have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.