Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
We're looking for Software Engineer Managers to join a variety of our core teams which include:
Warehouse Management Systems and Logistics:
Core Developer Platform:
Your Day-to-day Will Involve
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll partner with peers in Product Management, Design, and Project Management to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- You’ll partner with the Data organization to create personalized products, including recommendation engines.
- You’ll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
Some Things We Consider Critical For This Role
- You have 2+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in building customer-facing products to recognize the important moments your team faces and give meaningful advice.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You may have delivered ranking and personalization consumer products.
- You may have great UI/UX instincts with the ability to identify and prioritize what’s important to end-users.
- You may have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Postgres, and Kafka.
- You may have managed a full stack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You may have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.