Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join the exciting journey of StockX India.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class platform and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we're just getting started.
What you'll do
- Mentor senior engineers and build a very strong culture of quality. In other words, champion best software engineering practices such as unit testing, code coverage, test automation, continuous integration, delivery, build deployment etc.
- Help build consensus by being open to a variety of viewpoints and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement.
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams(onsite and offsite), as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform. Basically a person with exceptional skill in influencing without authority.
- Synthesize your decisions and designs into a very detailed, clear and structured written specs.
- Design, build, and evolve microservices used by StockX web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end engineers to build scalable services
- Write quality code and world class documentation which can be used as the example for the company. This will be at least 50% of the daily work.
- Debug and monitor production systems.
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Constantly evolve the platform to identify bottlenecks in both runtime and development time aspects of the platform and improve them.
- Work with Product, UX, and Design to build a world-class microservices and workflow engine.
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years in the architect role.
- Exceptional verbal communication skill.
- Deep experience in Java programming language or similar Object-Oriented language.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of data storage eco systems - Relational databases, No-SQL databases and Caching systems.
- Exceptional skill in solving complex problems by use of right data structure and algorithms.
- Hands on experience in using design patterns to solve complex software design/architecture problems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in microservice architectures and event driven architecture. You have built highly resilient, scalable REST-based services.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience in building highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with message queues, pub-sub systems and event streams.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud provider tech stack.
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.