Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology at StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
Join a highly dynamic and innovative engineering team working on the latest technologies and in the exciting fast-growing company! The Software Test Engineering team is responsible for performing in-scrum, acceptance, integration, system, performance test activities for all Web and Mobile StockX products. This role strives to ensure that Sr. SDET activities are conducted to a high standard aligned with the right business priorities and needs. This role is perfect for Sr. SDET who has experience delivering high-quality software and test automation solutions in a highly dynamic development environment, who enjoys rolling their sleeves up, getting involved in solving problems and removing obstacles.
What you'll do
- Work from a deep understanding of customer perspectives, software engineering and quality practices
- Improve the customers experiences by understanding what’s important, measuring how we’re doing, and driving testing priorities to improve
- Drive Software Test Engineering Best Practices and Strategies (Automation, Performance, Load, and Security Testing)
- Contribute to the long-term roadmap and planning to enhance the organization's testing capabilities
- Coach and mentor others in the quality engineering team on quality methods and techniques
- Strong hands-on ability to develop and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Significant experience utilizing debugging tools, conducting root cause analysis conducting fixes where possible.
- Provide expert-level test automation to grow overall test coverage across the StockX Application Solutions (UI, Web Services, and DB).
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the required software improvements and modifications.
- Continuously improve on technology implementation methodology.
- Apply senior-level software test engineering practices and procedures to design, influence, and drive quality and testability of products and services.
- Design, create, document, and/or implement test strategies, test automation, and quality tools and processes.
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality. Perform automated testing of shared web services, and execute all components of product testing such as functional regression, end to end testing, database testing, failure mode testing, performance, and load testing.
- Mentor junior SDETs, new team members and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems relating to quality engineering.
- Participate in establishing project plans, estimate work and monitor progress against milestones.
- Communicate and coordinate testing with local teams as well as make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance, best practices, and processes.
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for applications with the environment.
- Develop new testing tools to make the testing process effective and efficient.
- Drive cross-functional testing sessions that span multiple teams as it pertains to code cut-over activities
- Full working knowledge of Github and its best practices as well as and the CI/CD process
- Minimum of 4 years experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C#, Java, or TypeScript
- Minimum of 4 years experience developing and maintaining test automation for Web & Mobile Applications
- Solid understanding of QA tools and automated testing environments
- Experience in developing end-to-end tests for complex solutions in large-scale enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions among software development engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze feature requirements, design feature strategies, and selectively automate that test strategy to optimize test coverage, minimize the likelihood of uncaught defects, while maintaining an accelerated feature velocity.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum QA environment
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.