Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology at StockX
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the role
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be empowered to leverage data to drive amazing customer experiences and business results. You will own the end to end development of data engineering solutions to support analytical needs of the business. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with disparate datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer business questions at speed. You should have deep expertise in the creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights through collaboration with analysts, data scientists and business stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Design and build mission critical data pipelines with a highly scalable distributed architecture - including data ingestion (streaming, events and batch), data integration, data curation
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, simplifying self-service support for business stakeholders
- Build and support reusable framework to ingest, integration and provision data
- Automation of end to end data pipeline with metadata, data quality checks and audit
- Build and support a big data platform on the cloud
- Define and implement automation of jobs and testing
- Optimize the data pipeline to support ML workloads and use cases
- Support mission critical applications and near real time data needs from the data platform
- Capture and publish metadata and new data to subscribed users
- Work collaboratively with business analysts, product managers, data scientists as well as business partners and actively participate in design thinking session
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Motivate, coach, and serve as a role model and mentor for other development team associates/members that leverage the platform
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data warehouse / data lake technical architecture
- 3+ years of experience in using programming languages (Python / Scala / Java / C#) to build data pipelines
- Minimum 3 years of Big Data and Big Data tools in one or more of the following: Batch Processing (e.g. Hadoop distributions, Spark), Real time processing (e.g. Kafka, Flink/Spark Streaming)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with AWS or engineering in other cloud environments
- Experience with Database Architecture/Schema design
- Strong familiarity with batch processing and workflow tools such as AirFlow, NiFi
- Ability to work independently with business partners and management to understand their needs and exceed expectations in delivering tools/solutions
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to present complex technical/analytical concepts to executive audience
- Strong business mindset with customer obsession; ability to collaborate with business partners to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field
Nice to have:
- Masters in Computer Science or related quantitative field
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.
StockX’s special formula has rocketed the company to a multibillion dollar valuation, with 10M+ lifetime trades on the platform—more than half of those coming in the last year. And we’re just getting started.