StockX’s Data team's vision is to help customers handle the full life cycle of data at all levels of granularity, simplify data collection, integration, and aggregation of data assets, and access datasets at scale. We collect and process millions of transactions every single day into actionable information in the Data Lake and Data Warehouse and make it available to our internal service owners to analyze their business and service our external customers. You will define a vision for data engineering, and oversee planning, staffing, and prioritization to make sure the team is advancing the roadmap that customers need. You will invest in your team's skills, tools, and processes to improve their velocity. You will also hire, retain, and develop outstanding and diverse staff through ownership of our hiring processes, brand, and functional leadership of data engineering. You will partner with the executive team on how to apply your team's technology to our most challenging strategic questions and operational execution. You will work closely with your colleagues in Data Science, Finance, Marketing, and Analytics to deliver cross-functional data systems.
We are looking for an engineering leader who is focused on large scale data warehousing and data warehouse modernization. The role is to help our customers and partners to eliminate technical constraints to leverage their data to develop business insights. You will share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of data assets on the cloud.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred
- 5+ years of working in a Goods Marketplace domain.
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems and data architecture - design and implement batch and stream data processing pipelines.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies, working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Experience designing database environments, analyzing production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines. Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space. Ability to stand up a high performance team, independently.
- 5+ years of experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
- Learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume,Kinesis, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, Rànger, Elasticsearch, Avro).Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing. Optimizing data persistence processing, and accessibility for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytic Processing (OLAP).
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.