The Data Team is central to evidence-driven decision-making. We are researchers and leaders who advise product and business decisions, help build a culture of evidence-based decision-making, and identify ways to use data to develop new capabilities.
We are looking for a Principal Data Architect responsible for setting governance and executing an agenda that answers critical company-wide questions about our customers and business processes, using research results to define strategy for the company, and build a foundation of tools and practices used by quantitative staff across the company. You will have a proven track record of successful written and verbal communication of data infrastructure, data models, and data engineering solutions, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. You will also work closely with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge datasets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data into the data lake. You will be expected to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-level executives. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment. Hands on experience leading large-scale, global data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Perform deep-dives to find root causes of variances of key forecasting parameters over a given time period. Deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms.
- 10+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a technical role in a marketplace business
- Experience with prioritization of projects that mitigate tradeoffs. Experience in analyzing Data Warehouses such as Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, etc. or Greenplum.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, Bl reporting and Dashboard development
- Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
- Experience with batch/real time data processing, Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Business intelligence. This role will specifically focus on Data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
- Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
- Experience Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
- Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.