We’re looking for an Accounting Director - Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting, to join our growing Finance Team as the owner of all technical accounting and reporting matters at StockX. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for developing a company-wide process and framework to provide technical accounting and reporting guidance on various business transactions in a high-growth environment in a timely manner to support the Company’s position.
You’ll work cross-functionally and collaborate with key business partners (FP&A, Tax, Legal, Revenue Accounting, HR, Business Development, Marketing, and Product) to provide guidance and leadership on existing and new business initiatives ensuring that it adheres to our accounting policies and controls, that you’ll have a significant part in developing.
- Collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions and initiatives to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, researched, concluded, documented, and communicated to relevant parties formally through accounting memos and informally.
- Partner with external auditors, as needed, on highly complex business transactions to ensure accounting issues are properly vetted and concluded.
- Ensure all new relevant and applicable accounting guidance from FASB, IASB, and the SEC and other regulatory agencies are properly evaluated and documented. Collaborate with key business leaders to implement any applicable accounting guidance.
- Develop formal Company-wide accounting policies to ensure alignment with our business and relevant accounting guidance.
- Partner closely with Finance and Accounting in developing fully reviewed financial statements and corresponding footnotes in-line with public-company standards.
- Provide accounting calculation and reconciliation for stock-based compensation, leases, purchase price accounting, and other similar accounting transactions.
- Support various ad-hoc projects such as due diligence on M&A transactions.
- Liaise with external auditors to manage various audit requirements.
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting.
- CPA license required (active preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years progressive financial and accounting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Big 4 public accounting experience required / S-1 experience highly desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of technical accounting experience.
- Extensive experience with US GAAP; understanding of IRFS concepts and key points.
- Experience in high-growth technology companies preferred, ideally e-commerce marketplaces and can work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly positive and collaborative individual that excels at developing working relationships, building consensus and fostering trust and collaboration at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and grow existing team as well as work develop/maintain strong cross-functional relationships.