We are a restless bunch at Stitch. We’re leaders in our industry, but our hunger to make an impact on the world is barely satisfied. Our grit, passion, and unyielding dedication to improve the lives of our customers influences our culture in ways you won’t find at other companies. And while we continue to be the best, it doesn’t go without care, compassion and appreciation for the people around us. When you walk in our doors, you’ll find smart, courageous people who also consider one another family. And this is something we protect every day.
You’ll be encouraged to embrace curiosity and always ask “why”. Whatever you thought about working hard will be put to the challenge here. So if you are the kind of person who welcomes the challenge, an environment that will push you to grow and a company that moves quickly, well - you’ve found the right place.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be part of a passionate, rapidly-growing team of engineers solving complex problems at scale. From syncing thousands of products and orders per second to automating entire online businesses, we are the team that is solving the most interesting problems in commerce today. If you love a challenge while fostering your obsessive need for perfect code and user experience, this is the job for you.
We strive to use the latest technology to drive our scale:
- We are a pioneer in using an open source MySQL clustering solution called Vitess. It was created originally to host the data for YouTube and has just been accepted as a cloud native computing foundation project. We have worked with the google team to implement it here at Stitch and have enjoyed contributing to the project.
- Our main application is running on Laravel 5.5 and all applications are running PHP 7.1
- We have various microservices running Laravel and Lumen all running out of Docker containers orchestrated through Kubernetes
- We regularly host the Laravel SF meetup group (Come join us!)
- All applications we write have a heavy focus on Object Oriented Programming and automated unit / functional testing
- Deliver well-crafted software on-time that meets acceptance criteria
- Develop and build out our automated testing framework
- Collaborate with team members and lead discussions of architecture and scale
- Regularly participate in code reviews, daily standups, and retrospectives
- Display ownership and responsibility for the projects you choose to work on
- Design scalable services and solve concurrency problems that will meet the demands of our increasing growth
- Help other engineers solve complex issues even when you’re busy with your own projects.
- Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL (3+ years work experience with PHP and MySQL)
- Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (3+ years work experience with OOP)
- Experience with designing and developing in automated testing environments using PHPUnit
- Passionate about optimizing application performance and improving user experience
- Never-ending desire to self-educate in areas of programming and technology
- Experience with job or message queuing systems at scale
- Significant experience in working as a part of an agile engineering team
- Proven track record in delivering well-crafted, scalable software
- Previous experience being the primary responsible person behind an API or large software project
- Effective at communicating software design and implementation details
- Successful completion of a Stitch coding challenge
- PHP framework experience such as Laravel, Symfony, or Zend
- Experience with Codeception
- You engage in side projects that you are passionate about
- You’ve used job or message queuing systems at scale
- Confidence with Git and a linux terminal
Stitch is the leading online inventory control solution that simplifies multichannel retail business. It automatically syncs inventory, orders, and sales across channels, which provides retailers a holistic understanding of their operations. With Stitch, retailers save time, make better decisions, and grow their businesses. Stitch integrates with top sales channels such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Square, as well as add-ons including Quickbooks, Xero, and ShipStation.