Marketing at Stir
The internet has lifted the curtain on millions of creators around the world and Stir is on a mission to power hundreds of thousands of creators start, run and scale their businesses. In today's world, a creator has to focus on both the creative aspects of running a business (content creation and fan engagement) as well as the operational aspects (paying collaborators, managing finances). Stir's products and tools allow creators to focus on the creative side while we handle the rest; which in turn creates more engaging and diverse content globally.
We're just getting started and there's still a lot to do. Join us and help us turn the creator economy into the norm.
We're looking for a passionate team member who has experience as leading marketing and can drive our marketing goals from 0 → 1. As our Marketing Lead, you will contribute significantly to helping get Stir in the hands of millions of creators around the globe. As the Marketing Lead, you will be the go-to expert on all our of digital acquisition, including search. This includes paid social (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Reddit, etc.), online video, and SEO. You'll work closely with our creative partnerships and operations teams in identifying segments of creators and you'll deliver on direct response goals. You’ll start and scale our marketing programs amongst an ambitious and growing team, owning both the strategy and execution. You’ll help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our analytics capabilities.
What will you do?
You will start and scale our digital media marketing at Stir, focusing on our social media channels, but including other tactics as well. You will partner with various internal stakeholders including the creative partnerships, operations, and product team to make your vision come to life.
You will lead in analyzing the effectiveness of your campaigns, and have the confidence to test and learn until you find something that works - and cut things that don’t. Specifically, you will:
- Manage our marketing strategy - including identifying channels, launching tests, partnering with regional teams, and directing our agency
- Create, deploy, and optimize marketing campaigns across multiple creator platforms
- Manage and execute our targeting strategy across platforms
- Report on effectiveness of paid media campaigns, including creative learnings
- Develop plans and forecasts for paid acquisition programs, enabling ROI optimization
- Partner closely with internal teams including creative, operations, and product.
We're looking for someone who:
- Cares about creators and wants to build something meaningful. The tools we create will empower the next generation of entrepreneurs, and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Enjoys all aspects of building a product from scratch. You love talking to customers just as much as making technical decisions.
- Is extremely detail oriented. Understands the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience, including specific experience at scale in digital channels (paid social, display, or video)
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in-person presentation skills
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize between short-term demands and long-term needs
Right now, we're a small team. All of us come from different parts of the world and have different backgrounds. As such, we're looking for someone who fits into our diverse team and values diversity themselves. Our customers are an incredibly diverse group - from famous YouTuber's with millions of followers, to a group of friends that host a podcast, to parents that run a recipe blog. We won’t be able to fulfill our vision if our team looks and thinks the same and we hope that you believe that too.