Job Type: Permanent, full time
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Home based, EU or office-based, London, UK or Dublin, Ireland
To own, coordinate and execute the global business development strategy, plan and activities on designated global pharmaceutical and biotech accounts in order to meet STEM sales and revenue targets.
This individual will work directly and indirectly coordinating and supporting all BD activities in partnership with the Global Operations team to increase awareness, access, and sales for STEM and INIZIO.
You will represent the customer within STEM, create, communicate, and execute a customer centric value proposition internally and externally to become a trusted partner.
- Lead and co-ordinate business development activities within the assigned target client accounts, this includes winning new and repeat business, and expanding STEM and Inizio business across new services and new geographies (breadth and depth).
- Take accountability for account targets and support delivery through coordination with global and regional operational delivery teams.
- The individual must develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within the target accounts, ensuring that a partnership is built that facilitates maintenance and growth of target accounts. Key external stakeholders range from senior functional heads such within sales, marketing, SFE, medical excellence, global brand leads, global medical leaders through to CEOs
- Partnering with the operational account leadership to support critical service delivery deliverables including result presentations and action planning for future projects and services.
- Acting as a point of escalation for all customer stakeholders
- Strong results orientation with a proven track record of driving strategic business development, both in new clients and in growing the account size (breadth and depth) within existing clients.
- Self-motivated, relishes new challenges in a dynamic environment and demonstrates an intense drive to generate superior outcomes.
- Analytical and problem-solving capability with an ability to think laterally and creatively.
- Capable and supportive team member, can adapt approach to colleagues according to personality and cultural differences, and can lead and influence colleagues who are not reports.
- Collaborative, can demonstrate a team before self-approach, knowing when to delegate and when to take ownership, to ensure the team benefits first.
- Exceptional project management and time management skills coupled with deep market and product understanding.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels and network effectively within the broader cross-functional INIZIO matrix.
- Confident and articulate verbal and written communicator, with an ability to foster productive relationships at senior management level.
- Demonstrates judgment, pragmatism and commercially astute approach to decision making and is also responsive to alternate views.
- Employs influence and tact to resolve issues, conflict and promote effective teamwork and supports innovation amongst team to meet objectives.
- Effective team, peer and cross functional team coach able to provide broader organisational support as required.
- An excellent communicator with exceptional presentation skills and influencing skills.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Detailed knowledge of the pharmaceutical market. This person needs to have an existing network of influential/senior pharma executives, be aware of what is happening in the pharma markets and up to speed with client developments, key launches, people changes, mergers and acquisitions etc.
- Detailed knowledge of STEM’s services and how they can bring benefit to our clients/prospective clients.
- Successful experience dealing with senior level stakeholders in global pharma roles.
- Successful experience developing business on a consistent basis in a commercially focused role, ideally covering regional or global services.
- Successful experience managing accounts/client relationships to deliver to client expectations.
STEM Healthcare is a dynamic, fast paced global pharmaceutical and life sciences strategic benchmarking firm headquartered in the UK and present across six continents. STEM has developed an in-depth consultative process and benchmarking database with more than 500,000 face-to-face observations completed across 52 countries.
STEM accelerates performance, improves strategic alignment, and facilitates excellence in marketing, medical, market access and strategic account plan execution. Due to the unique, specialised and highly targeted offering, STEM is targeting rapid growth as we expand and digitalise our services. New employees will be joining at a time where significant growth opportunities are expected.
Vision: To always be viewed as an essential partner in enabling our clients to reach more patients with their medicines
Mission: To accelerate high performance
Core Values: Brave, Honest, Performance Driven, Practical, Customer Focused, Caring
Find us here:
STEM Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. STEM Healthcare will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. STEM Healthcare only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.