Location: Spain - Madrid, home based, travel abroad will be required
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Reporting to: Fernando Dorado
Direct Reports: None
With no week/month the same, the Project Director reports into the SCM, France & Spain, responsible for Spain, and has overall responsibility for managing the STEM business in Spain, including developing the local Project Manager teams and responsible (on a matrix basis) for the project team, including field staff, growing the business through effective business development and delivering quality projects. The projects tend to be for global Pharmaceutical organisations, and possibly beyond, in line with STEM’s business need.
- The Project Director will be part of the Europe team and participate towards the Europe goals and objectives for FY2023 and beyond.
- The Project Director is a key client contact at STEM, developing an understanding of their business, interviewing their leaders, analysing, and interpreting observational data, and ultimately presenting the final report and making strategic recommendations, as well as maintaining ongoing contact with the client, helping the client to bring the action plan to life after the insight discussion. Finally strengthen the partnership with the client with potential consulting projects.
- The Project Director will have Spain projects responsibility wherever possible, even if the projects could be spread across all the European team’s markets. Therefore, the Project Director will work with the local teams to move across STEM’s geographies to enable elasticity in the European team’s capacity.
- As Project Director, there will be leadership of the Project Managers, Analysts and with an experienced team of field workers, the Project Director is responsible for briefing their project team (pulled together on a project basis), as well as taking part in some of the field interviews with senior leaders.
- The field workers - managed indirectly - observe HCPs interactions with the sales, market access or field-based medical teams, depending on the scope and nature of the project. Whilst data is being gathered the Project Director develops a bespoke presentation can be brought together, and strategic recommendations can be made to the client.
- Project Directors thrive in the entrepreneurial environment, attracted to the high levels of accountability and opportunity to be a true partner to clients, making strategic recommendations which significantly impact the success of their business.
- The Project Director should act as a coach and leader of Project Managers, Analysts, Field Workers, Project Coordinators and provide constructive and helpful feedback and coaching to aid the development of colleagues alongside the capability team.
- The project Director will help clients to bring the action plan to life after the insight discussion.
- The project manager will seek to strengthen the partnership with the client with potential consulting projects.
- The Project Director will deliver client interactions via remote methods or in person (preferably). As such, the Project Director will be the client relationship link to STEM.
- The Project Director will work with Global Client Partnerships STEM colleagues to ensure local projects ran by the Project Director are coordinated with the GCP global projects.
- Pricing and contract negotiations with clients should be managed with the appropriate STEM colleagues (such as the Pricing team).
- Ongoing business development opportunities should be pursued and maximised whether individually or with colleagues, as the Project Director is responsible to grow the business in TMEA.
- STEM’s wide-ranging and innovative business model allows exposure to C-Level executives across the top Pharma companies, and the opportunity to tackle their critical issues.
- STEM has an excellent reputation with their clients, and as a fast-growing business, there are opportunities to expand and develop beyond the role when success has been demonstrated.
- STEM offers the opportunity to move into more senior and / or above country roles for the right talent as part of their long-term career development.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant area (for example Business Studies / Life Sciences).
- Advanced business degree is a plus (e.g., MBA/Certificates).
- In house Pharma roles in Sales Management, Marketing Management, Business Unit Head or Management Consultant, with high level client facing interaction.
- Ability to network at high levels and be credible when interacting with senior individuals within client companies is essential.
- Multi-culturally aware.
- Good team member, who can work with multiple colleagues from different countries and teams, but who has the experience and confidence to operate autonomously when required.
- Results-focused but very good interpersonal skills to win business and partner strategically with key clients.
- Advanced communication skills to operate at senior leadership level with pharma clients. Must be able to adapt communication style according to the situation, audience and cultural differences. Can ‘tell a story’ and close a deal.
- Ambitious, ability to work independently but a good team player with good leadership skills
- Gravitas and interpersonal awareness to interact, challenge, advise and deliver solutions
- Ability to work from home and remotely from direct manager and colleagues effectively.
- Resilience to keep being positive.
- Analytical skills.
- Active listener.
- Clear presentation style.
- High levels of communication skills in English and local language.
- Previous experience of working in global pharma organisations and collaboration with European/Global teams or own international work experience is preferable
- Embrace the entrepreneurial environment, and be attracted to the high levels of accountability and opportunity to partner with clients making strategic recommendations