About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
As a Senior Software Engineer on one of our Platform teams, you’ll be responsible for the lifecycle of our data, from ingestion to storage to insight and action generation. We currently organize these teams into two broad areas, each with a distinct focus:
- Data Platform Team - Responsible for the ETLs, data models & storage, and serving of partner-supplied health data to downstream internal teams.
- Application Platform Team - Responsible for translating partner-supplied health data into patient care recommendations, and associated payment awards that drive higher-quality care with lower costs.
You would join one of the teams within these broad areas, which collectively form Stellar’s Platform org. Our team offers an experienced and mature engineering culture, product development best practices, and an environment where every single engineer has a direct impact on the success of our business.
What you’ll do:
- Some of the specifics depend on the team you join, but here are a few examples of common work from across the Platform org
- Work on a process for consistently and coherently ingesting extracted data to our platform.
- Improve tools for the data integration part of the platform.
- Work on systems that generate new patient recommendations based on their health claims data
- Build payments systems that reward clinical staff for their help in closing critical care gaps
- Work on scaling up our platform in both the volume of data that is being processed, as well as the capabilities that we support
- Write clear and concise production code for the Stellar Health Platform.
- Provide effective and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work.
- Deliver new features by collaborating regularly with our founding team.
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process.
- Work with our founding team on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities.
- Gather data insights and build models for product improvements or for internal use.
You should have:
- Python experience or experience with other backend languages (Java / C++ / Go / Ruby) and a desire to learn.
- A strong sense of accountability; you take pride in what you build and want it to be useful for others on your team
Who will love this job:
- You are excited about backend engineering
- You thrive off of supporting your peers and teammates; no job is too small for you.
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too.
- You understand, appreciate, and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with being assigned high-level ownership over projects and their success.
- You have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams.
- You are looking to learn and grow, knowing that this position will involve a lot of ambiguity to deal with, with the support from the organization to help you navigate it.
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Senior Software Engineer l is $185,000-$200,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus
The salary range for a Senior Software Engineer ll is $200,000-$220,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Note on COVID response:
In order to protect our wellbeing and safety, and to reduce the likelihood of impacts to our workforce, we currently require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you would like to learn more about our COVID vaccine policy, as well as our response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.