About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures instead of the quality of health outcomes. Stellar Health helps primary care providers continually engage with their patients by providing them real-time information and tangible action-based incentives for improving quality of care for their patients.
At Stellar Health, we’re simplifying value-based care. The Stellar platform, a cloud-based, point-of-care tool, fits into existing provider workflows and creates a simple checklist of recommended actions that helps deliver the best quality care for patients. We’re building our technology from the ground up, and the industry is starting to take notice.
Our product actively supports over 500K patient lives - and we have shown that we make a real difference for these practices and their patients. It’s an exciting time to join the Stellar Team: We recently raised a $60M Series B at a $460M valuation from Top VCs in the health-tech space (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners), have an established product & proven operating model, and we’re scaling our team to meet the continued growth and impact on our healthcare system.
About the position:
This role will play a crucial part of the Stellar Health security team, reporting directly into the CISO while working with other members of Eng, IT, Compliance, and Privacy to assist with the implementation of an overall Information Security Management System with a focus on cloud security controls, vulnerability management, incident response, HIPAA, and HITRUST. The senior security engineer will utilize their skills to implement the “sec” part of a devsecops - ensuring our backend is built to scale with the growth of the company while always prioritizing our commitment to protecting customer data.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you'll be responsible for the following areas:
- SIEM Administration and SOC Management
- Implementing AWS Security Controls
- Monitoring for HIPAA Compliance
- HITRUST Certification
You will love this job if you:
- Enjoy the technically challenging mission of protecting sensitive Patient and Customer data such as PHI / PII.
- Enjoy having a large degree of autonomy over your projects and the work that you produce
- Enjoy the opportunity of making a positive impact on real People's lives through technology
As a Sr. Security engineer, we are looking for someone who has:
- At least three years in a security engineering
- Experience implementing controls against various CS Frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO-27001 and SOC-2
- Experience securing AWS services and implementing security services in AWS such as Service Control Policies, Identity and Access Management, Guard Duty, Secrets Manager, Key Management, Security Hub, Config and Cloudtrail
- Experience with logging and SIEM implementation.
- Experience with IdP functionality and integrations.
- Experience prioritizing work with a risk-based approach.
- Experience with Python scripting and automation
- Experience implementing IR playbooks and triaging security events through to remediation.
- Experience with application security, OWASP Top 10, SAST, and DAST solutions.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams in order to ensure that security is easy to implement or integrate with existing workflows.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations, processes and/or policies in writing
- Interest in leveraging tech to drive improvements people's health-outcomes.
Pay, Perks & Such:
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, a 401k program and flexible vacation.
Note on COVID response:
Stellar's Union Square NYC HQ is currently open for those that wish to use it and we are supporting both hybrid and remote-friendly work across the US!
In order to protect our wellbeing and safety, and to reduce the likelihood of impacts to our workforce, we currently require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you would like to learn more about our COVID vaccine policy, as well as our response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
We encourage everyone to apply to our roles, even if they do not meet every single qualification on a job description, and our team is committed to reviewing every resume submitted