Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on Data Engineer. This person should be just as passionate about data as they are engineering. In this role you’ll be designing, building and implementing data pipelines to surface analytic insights to Stellar Network stakeholders (and business users). Our aim is to make data stored on the Stellar Network more accessible, actionable, and easier to use. By working within the data and liquidity team, you'll be contributing to improving our data infrastructure, ensuring data quality and providing data-driven insights to grow the Stellar Network.
* Provide Clear insight into Network activity; foster and encourage data-driven decisions by SDF
* Help understand growth and adoption of Automated Market Makers
* Restructure database schemas for analytic consumption
*Scaling opportunities between Horizon (platform) team and data team
*Data Engineering practice is young, you’ll have a voice in what we should focus on next
*Coding opportunities and participation in SDF engineering best practices, new protocol upgrades
In this role, you will:
- Be involved with all aspects of the development process for data analytics projects - from vision to final implementation.
- Design and maintain data pipelines that give us a unique perspective into the liquidity, adoption, and usage of the Stellar network, as well as various other key performance indicators.
- Utilize external APIs to supplement our data warehouse with external data; build APIs that answer commonly asked historical and analytical questions.
- Integrate Stellar Blockchain data onto open source data services so that Stellar Blockchain data is available in industry wide accepted sources.
- Transform business requirements into measurable metrics that aid in data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with the platform infrastructure team on code review, design, and engineering best practices.
- Investigate and refactor performance bottlenecks in order to continue scaling our API services.
- Encourage and support business adoption of Dashboards, KPIs and Self-Service SQL Interfaces to make the data more accessible.
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing data pipelines
- A strong Data Warehousing background: data structures, design patterns, data modeling, data movement patterns and reconciliation
- A solid understanding of SQL; you enjoy a good SQL challenge and debugging queries
- A coding and scripting background: deploying ETL pipelines from scratch excites you
- Experience building and executing applications in container-based environments
- Knowledge of existing ETL frameworks and open source tools and are willing to learn new technologies
- A passion for performance debugging, anomaly detection and data validation
- Enthusiasm for working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy
- An openness about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative, empathetic manner
Bonus points if:
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or an Engineering field
- You have experience with Golang and/or Object Oriented Programming Experience
- You have worked with Google BigQuery or other Modern Data Warehouses (Snowflake)
- You generally enjoy working on a wide variety of smaller projects as opposed to regularly creating features in a single large system.
- You have a strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies, and understand the fundamentals of these systems
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats