Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF is working on projects that push the envelope on Blockchain technology, from cross-chain interoperability to decentralized finance. This work allows underserved populations to take part in exciting new financial systems.
You will work with stakeholders from the Stellar ecosystem and the wider cryptocurrency ecosystem to design and implement novel protocols for bridging assets between networks. You will also contribute to decentralized finance applications. SDF has a robust engineering ladder, with clear growth paths for both individual contributors and managers.
In this role, you will:
- Build integrations and bridges between Stellar and other blockchains.
- Design new protocols for Stellar to make it composable with other blockchains.
- Make Stellar interoperate with all financial and blockchain systems to support the foundation’s mission (creating equitable access to the global financial system).
- Be involved with all aspects of the software development process - from vision to final implementation.
- Identify patterns in developer needs and design new protocols and services to increase developer velocity across our entire ecosystem.
- Engage with our community of open source developers and partners on projects that encompass many different frameworks, languages, and ideas.
- Collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Investigate and refactor performance bottlenecks in order to continue scaling our API services.
- Provide assistance and guidance for our integration projects with our partners and other organizations on the Stellar network.
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of our RFC processes.
- 4+ years of experience developing software on a team.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Written blockchain applications in Go, Rust, or C++, and are a language polyglot.
- A curiosity that drives learning and understanding.
- Great communication skills and can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process.
- A solid understanding of software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular.
- Knowledge of existing frameworks and open source tools and are willing to build new frameworks when open ones do not exist.
- A passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Enthusiasm about working on a small, growing team where you’ll be given a lot of autonomy.
- Openness, empathy, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats