STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
We’re looking for a Controller to join our General & Administrative (G&A) department. The Controller will provide support to our executives and our VP of Finance at the ground level, providing financial insights and appropriate guidance to allow for high-level operational decisions. This role will report into our VP of Finance, and will have agency in developing and overseeing financial and accounting practices.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Manage and maintain financial health of the company with an eye on transparency and ensure strategic cash flow management
- Engage with appropriate leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure a timely and efficient close process is performed with great attention to detail
- Provide consistently accurate and actionable reporting of financial results with a high sense of urgency in preparation for board meetings or investor relations
- Oversee the company’s general ledger, accounts payable, and financial reporting according to GAAP standards
- Manage and direct outsourced bookkeeping team
- Manage overall day-to-day accounting functions across 5 departments, including expense reconciliation, banking, depreciation and amortization schedules, expense accruals and prepaid accounts
- Evaluate and iterate on accounting processes to ensure operational efficiency
- Partner with VP of Finance to deliver high quality and insightful analysis on specific areas for improving business performance
- Insure the delegation of authority over expense approvals is consistently applied to all transactions
- Enable tax filings and compile support documentation as needed.
- Build capabilities to take company through its first financial statement audit according to Board guidance/timeline (tbd)
- Assess financial and accounting needs of the company and own potential system implementations that may be required
- Transition the company accounting software from Quickbooks to Netsuite
What success in this role looks like to us:
- You are a detail-oriented optimizer - able to assess/pinpoint areas of operational process inefficiency and provide recommendations with autonomy
- You are able to utilize your in-depth understanding of GAAP to consultatively provide solutions and recommendations across multiple levels in the organization
- You can make strategic and operational decisions alongside the VP of Finance that improve the financial health of the company
- You have proven experience managing and owning financial and accounting processes at previous companies
- You are extremely detail and results oriented
- You have previous experience with financial and accounting system implementations (ideal)
What joining STEEZY looks like:
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.