STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to own the development of our iOS app and ship features users will love. This role will report to our Mobile Engineering Lead.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Develop and ship features with a keen focus on positively impacting user experience and business growth
- Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively on iOS while also being a resource to other teams and engineers
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Collaborate with Engineering team to architect code execution, design data models, and strategize around potential edge cases
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to clarify product requirements and deliverable expectations
- Partner with QA team to ensure that all releases are tested and delivered to a high standard
- Participate in code reviews and feedback sessions to maximize growth opportunities
What success in this role looks like to us:
- Utilizing your 4+ years experience working as an iOS engineer to set product definitions and roadmaps
- You have a strong understanding and comprehension of Swift programming, architecture, OO programming
- Building, testing, releasing, and maintaining applications efficiently in Swift
- Thinking critically and analytically to develop features and solutions that impact our users and business goals
- Communicate effectively across all levels within an organization including designers, analysts and other engineers
- Take ownership of shipping apps that users love on the App Store by clearly showcasing and documenting what you developed
Traits Required for the Role:
- Collaborative mentality: Consistently looking for ways to receive, give, and apply constructive feedback
- Technical curiosity: Always striving to gain a deeper understanding and improving our tech through research, reading weekly tech newsletters, and sharing experiences with your peers
- User experience focused: Considerate about the best user experience, going out of your way to understand our users and translating it into our product features
- Determined and adaptable attitude: Committed to the team effort of delivering features, adapting to changing timelines, and working through difficult tasks
- Open-minded: Accepting of different perspectives and using those outlooks to strengthen communication and create a joy-filled environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with watchOS, iPadOS, and tvOS
- Excellent at following Git and version control practices
- Deep understanding of video streaming technologies
- Familiarity with TDD and different ways of testing (unit, integration and functional)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code and best practices
- Experience with GraphQL or other query languages
- Familiarity with declarative UI
What joining STEEZY looks like:
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.