STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering who can lead our engineering team to create the best experience across web and mobile for anyone in the world who wants to learn dance.
The ideal candidate is both strategic and tactical in their approach to engineering great products for the end user.
This role will be 50% technical and 50% managerial. You will not only roll up your sleeves to help architect our technology across all platforms but also help the team reach their professional goals.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Define engineering strategy and processes across existing platforms including web, iOS, and Android while considering expansion to more platforms like tvOS, Roku, etc.
- Collaborate with teams across the company on the strategy, planning, execution, and delivery of new features and improvements that require engineering work
- Lead the engineering team to support and advise on technical decisions and set realistic expectations for timelines
- Ideate on creative and scrappy solutions that minimize the load on engineering resources while providing maximum impact
- Work within defined constraints of time and resources to support the team in shipping code on schedule while ensuring high code quality
- Scale infrastructure and teams to hit business strategy goals
- Plan for scale with appropriate timing of the needs
- Build, manage, and develop our engineering team and advocate for their needs to stakeholders
What success in this role looks like to us:
- Making strategic engineering decisions - you’ve ideally had 5+ years of experience with consumer apps
- Cross-platform architecture - you’ve had experience working across various engineering functions and know where the pitfalls are in scaling them
- Data and analytics - you’re data-driven and familiar with implementing best practices for collecting data
- Management and cross-department communication - you’re comfortable in managing not only your direct reports’ performance but also the expectations of other departments product works with
- Communicating clearly and championing engineering initiatives and principles
- Operating in a high growth, agile and entrepreneurial startup environment
- Performing and working autonomously and with great detail orientation when given ownership and trust
- Communicating with empathy
- Asking the right questions, not just giving the “right answers”
- Being a team player who’s easy and fun to work with
What joining STEEZY looks like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
We think of ourselves as craftsmen and women who obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.