STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
We’re looking for a QA Analyst to partner with our developers, product people, and stakeholders to build a better STEEZY experience for our users. As the STEEZY grows, it is more important than ever to maintain high standards for quality and usability. We seek a leader with deep knowledge of QA best practices to ensure that the product we produce meets the high standards of our users.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Partner with Sr. QA and Product Management to define feature requirements, acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects
- Define test plans, QA processes, and reporting requirements
- Orchestrate and execute test plans and regression testing suites; conduct analysis on outputs to help direct development direction
- Triage reported bugs and issues from Customer Experience, stakeholders, and other channels with the product team
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting
- Create and write test cases for new features, while in development
- Help upkeep test cases on checklists that are frequently used
- Aide in evolving existing processes, while helping to create new ones as needed
90 Day Goals:
- Design test cases for regression tests with 100% code coverage
- Create process for reporting and managing bugs and errors
- Update and maintain documentation regarding product work for support teams
- Maintain a 99% crash free rate across all platforms, in partnership with engineering
What success in this role looks like to us:
- 2+ years of QA testing experience with writing the test plans, use cases, and issue reports
- Experience working with test-case management tools
- Experience working with error-tracking tools like Sentry, Airbrake, Rollbar, etc.
- Knowledge of process and proven disciplines e.g. Lean, Agile
- Experience configuring, deploying and testing software updates including ability to identify issues and escalate to development as appropriate
- Familiarity with hardware and software testing including iOS, Android and Desktop
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Strong understanding of Analytics
- Experience working with project management tooling in the likes of Jira, Google Sheets, etc.
- Experience with testing automation tools (for mobile apps and web)
- Experience coding in any programming language like C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines like CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
What joining STEEZY looks like:
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.