STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to work collaboratively with the team and make compelling customer experiences across web and mobile that help people learn to dance from anywhere in the world.
As Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams, own your roadmap, and build software product experiences that delight and engage customers. Your focus will be on expanding our world class dance learning tools and introducing community into our app experience.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Collaborate on the roadmap of STEEZY’s consumer product across web and mobile - You will work with the product team and stakeholders across the company to develop STEEZY’s consumer product strategy and be responsible for delivering on the roadmap.
- Monitor performance of the consumer product - You will be responsible for collaborating with teams to ensure that performance of new features and initiatives are properly monitored.
- Build experiences customers love - Ensure that consumer experiences are delighting users and generating organic growth through word of mouth. You will serve as a voice for our users, ensuring that we meet their high standards for engaging experience and quality.
- Ship fast, learn fast - We believe that the best products are built thoughtfully and iteratively. While we conduct as much research and discovery as we can, at the end of the day, the ultimate test of a product is in the hands of our customers. Expect to win and to fail, so long as we continue to learn and build a better experience for our customers
What success in this role looks like to us:
- Stellar user research chops - You are not afraid to dig in and unearth the underlying causal mechanisms that drive adoption, usage & retention. Well-versed in ethnography, generative interviews, evaluative interviews, & A/B testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Creating detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
- A strong eye for user experience - Must be able to communicate using design tools like Figma, Principle, Invision, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the basic technologies and tools including APIs, no-code services, Firebase, AWS services, etc.
- Web and mobile experience - Experience leading teams to develop and launch compelling consumer experiences across web and mobile. Must be ambidextrous across mobile and web, with a strong preference for mobile-first.
- Project management chops - Execute the blocking and tackling required to pilot a high functioning, multidisciplinary product squad; Strong understanding of agile principles and ability to run ceremonies.
Traits Required for the Role
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle in a person’s ability to learn and participate in dance is what drives your product decision-making.
- Doer - Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and wade through the muck to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - Consumes and distills new information voraciously, climbs learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
- Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to parse signals from noise, extrapolate the underlying pattern, identify the sensitive inputs & weightings and generalize to other contexts.
- Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and make tradeoffs.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Empathy - COVID-19 has changed the way we live and work; empathy for both our users and coworkers during these uncertain times is a crucial trait for our leaders.
What joining STEEZY looks like:
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.