STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
STEEZY’s main priority is producing high-quality, authentic, educational dance content. Our Content Team needs an experienced Technical Producer to run shoots for all STEEZY classes and videos. You will operate the audio/video control room, monitor and direct the Instructor’s teaching, shoot dance footage on the Ronin, and film in-house productions for short-form video content.
We shoot and ship a lot of dance videos, quickly; our process is turnkey and systematized (unlike most traditional film or production companies).
We’re going to 10x our content creation, so we’re looking for someone who can move fast, learn quickly, and grow. Speed, attention to detail, and a passion for dance are musts for the person we want to invest in.
On any given day you could be going back and forth between the studios to support other Technical Producers, producing & directing instructors from the control room, operating the Ronin handheld and much more. You're obsessed with new technology and keeping our control rooms up to date and as efficient as possible. If you know what RTFM stands for, we want you. Black Magic and Control Room experience is required for this position.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Operate our Audio and Video control room during class video productions
- Check audio and lighting levels
- Ensure media disks are ready for production
- Roll and cut videos as needed
- Take notes during shoots for Editors to refer to during post production
- Guide talent through STEEZY Studio class format
- Set up lighting, sound, and camera for shooting
- Collaborate with digital asset manager to establish best practices for labeling and media transfer to onsite storage servers
- Set up backdrops, lights, and cameras for various short form videos
- Organize and properly store all production equipment
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
What success in this role looks like to us:
- Having at least 2+ years of experience working with studio and broadcast cameras, sound, and lighting equipment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Being comfortable working predominantly in an office environment, but capable of coordinating while offsite if needed
- Able to stay organized and being able to rapidly execute in an environment with tight timelines and ever-changing priorities
- Having the ability to lift at least 25 lbs over your head as you will be setting up camera/grip equipment.
Who you are:
- You can operate in a fast-paced agile and entrepreneurial startup environment
- You perform and work autonomously when given ownership and trust
- You have great communication skills and empathy
- You ask questions that propel improvement and creativity
- You’re a team player
- You enjoy and/or have an appreciation for dance
What it'll be like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
Like dancers who love their craft, we obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work in our respective areas.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
We promise we'll always judge you on your results and nothing else.
As a startup, we move fast, stay nimble, focus intently, and put in the grind.
We work hard, but it’s a fun journey, and our students make it all worth it.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.