STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
Note: A submission of your portfolio, or link to an app you've designed/built will be required.
Steezy is looking for a Director of Product Design who can level up our experiences to help our users level up their dance skills.
We start by listening to our customers so we can build the right solution. You will be a master of what users' problems we’re trying to solve and what moves we should make.
Do you have the skills to bring the product to life through proven design best practices and ship to learn? Then read on.
Things you will accomplish here:
- Implement Product Design best practices through thoughtful process
- Lead and mentor Product designers to help them level up and create world class product experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Leadership teams to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Execute final, UI designs and prototypes; package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Conduct User Interviews and generative research to characterize and champion our users.
- Develop world-class experiences for aspiring dancers to learn, share, and love dance!
What You’re Good At:
- Designing and iterating consumer software products on native mobile applications and web (5+ years of design experience)
- Mentoring Product Designers (1-2 years of direct report experience)
- Contributing to the product vision through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Showcasing a foundation via an outstanding portfolio in Ideation, Wireframing, Interaction and Visual Design, Motion/Animation and Prototyping.
- Demonstrating mastery of design tools such as Figma, Adobe CC and InVision
- Having a strong understanding of user-centered design, information architecture, and native design guidelines (HIG, Material Design)
- Leading user research process and synthesizing outcomes for consumption for teams across the company
- Taking ownership of all aspects of the design process and deliverables in an agile work environment
- Developing and maintaining design systems
- Setting vision of product experience in partnership with Product Managers
What success in this role looks like to us:
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle in a person’s ability to learn and participate in dance is what drives your product decision-making.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Strong Manager of People - You recognize that a manager’s job is to enable the groups you influence (directly or indirectly) to produce stellar work products regularly and repeatedly. You are capable of tuning your management style to the individual preferences of each direct report and regularly provide opportunities for them to grow within their work.
- Collaborator - You love working with teams and seek to both provide and receive feedback. You are curious about the thoughts and opinions of others. You recognize that any great product takes a team to build, and do what it takes to ensure that the whole team moves together in that direction.
Skills Required for this Role:
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills - How you communicate is key, not only for user adoption of features and experiences, but also internal buy-in of initiatives you seek to drive.
- Web, mobile and OTT experience - Experience designing compelling consumer experiences across web, mobile, tablet, and OTT. Must be ambidextrous across mobile and web, with a strong preference for mobile-first.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the basic technologies for building web, mobile, tablet, and OTT applications, and more importantly, their limitations; this includes platform limitations as well as prescribed best practices (System interactions across platforms, Apple HIG, Material Design, etc.)
- User experience wunderkind - Fish in water from product discovery to wireframing, to prototyping, to cutting final comps. Strong understanding of user-centered design, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and developing design systems
What joining STEEZY looks like:
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.