STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes. We are a dance technology company that provides curated classes & programs for dance fans who are looking for an easy-to-enjoy dance experience. We use data and insights to enable a delightful learning experience, which is important so our audience can feel the joy of dance faster.
We’re looking for a Growth Product Manager to work collaboratively with the team and make compelling customer experiences across web and mobile that help people learn to dance from anywhere in the world.
As Growth Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams, own your roadmap, and build software product experiences that delight and engage customers. Your focus will be on growth and acquisition initiatives in the short term as we seek to rapidly expand our user base. However, your focus may shift and expand as new opportunities arise (we are a startup, after-all).
About the Customer
Central to this role is a relentless focus on creating software products that improve customer’s lives. The ability to create product experiences that help consumers effortlessly and painlessly access and learn dance is critical. Our members are dancers who come from a wide range of skill level, locale, and experience. However, they share the common goal of learning how to dance.
What You Can Expect:
- Collaborate on the roadmap of STEEZY’s consumer product across web and mobile - You will work with the Sr. Product Manager and stakeholders across the company to develop STEEZY’s product growth strategy and be responsible for delivering on the roadmap.
- Drive growth through rapid testing and iteration - We at STEEZY are big believers in experimentation and testing. As a Growth Product Manager, you will be responsible for rapidly ideating, administering, and testing a wide variety of customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Collaborate with the Growth, Content, and Marketing teams to hypercharge user growth and engagement - Reaching our growth and engagement goals will only happen with strong multidisciplinary collaboration; you will play a key role in coordinating efforts that require input and output from across the company to help our company level up.
- Monitor performance of the consumer product - You will be responsible for collaborating with teams to ensure that performance of new features and initiatives are properly monitored.
- Build experiences customers love - Ensure that consumer experiences are delighting users and generating organic growth through word of mouth. You will serve as a voice for our users, ensuring that we meet their high standards for engaging experience and quality.
Some 2021 Deliverables
- Collaborate with Sr. Product Manager and Growth team to define roadmap for 2022
- Conduct discovery on best practices for top of funnel user experiences for our users
- Ship user facing features that improve early user engagement and retention
Skills Required for this Role:
- Stellar user research chops - You are not afraid to dig in and unearth the underlying causal mechanisms that drive adoption, usage & retention. Well-versed in ethnography, generative interviews, evaluative interviews, & A/B testing.
- Growth mindset - Familiarity with growth testing and best practices in user acquisition across the digital subscription landscape; Fluent with growth loops and levers that can make the highest impact on growing our user base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Creating detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
- Strong business acumen - Familiarity with subscription-based consumer businesses and SaaS metrics.
- A strong eye for user experience - Must be able to communicate using design tools like Figma, Principle, Invision, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the basic technologies and tools including APIs, no-code services, SQL, Firebase, Heroku, AWS services, etc.
- Web and mobile experience - Experience leading teams to develop and launch compelling consumer experiences across web and mobile. Must be ambidextrous across mobile and web, with a strong preference for mobile-first.
- Project management chops - Execute the blocking and tackling required to pilot a high functioning, multidisciplinary product squad; Strong understanding of agile principles and ability to run ceremonies.
Traits Required for the Role
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle in a person’s ability to learn and participate in dance is what drives your product decision-making.
- Doer - Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and wade through the muck to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - Consumes and distills new information voraciously, climbs learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
- Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to parse signals from noise, extrapolate the underlying pattern, identify the sensitive inputs & weightings and generalize to other contexts.
- Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and make tradeoffs.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Empathy - COVID-19 has changed the way we live and work; empathy for both our users and coworkers is a crucial trait for our product leaders.
What It’ll Be Like:
You will join a team of curious and passionate folks interested in making online dance learning fun and easy. We value transparency, collaboration, and results (with some dance breaks along the way!), and expect the team to align with and uphold our STEEZY values - there are 7 of them, which you will come to learn throughout the recruiting process!
STEEZY is invested in being an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to our open roles.
- ✌STEEZY Squad