STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to work collaboratively with the team and make compelling customer experiences across web and mobile that help people learn to dance from anywhere in the world.
As Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams, own your roadmap, and build software product experiences that delight and engage customers. Your focus will be on growth and acquisition initiatives in the short term as we seek to rapidly expand our user base. However, your focus may shift and expand as new opportunities arise.
About the Customer
Central to this role is a relentless focus on creating software products that improve customer’s lives. The ability to create product experiences that help consumers effortlessly and painlessly access and learn dance is critical. Understanding and contextualizing the human behavior that drives learning and dancing away from the studio is crucial to building experiences.
What You Can Expect:
- Collaborate on the roadmap of STEEZY’s consumer product across web and mobile - You will work with the Sr. Product Manager and stakeholders across the company to develop STEEZY’s consumer product strategy and be responsible for delivering on the roadmap.
- Drive growth through rapid testing and iteration - We at STEEZY are big believers in experimentation and testing. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for rapidly ideating, administering, and testing a wide variety of customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Collaborate with the Growth, Content, and Marketing teams to hypercharge user growth and engagement - Reaching our growth and engagement goals will only happen with strong multidisciplinary collaboration; you will play a key role in coordinating efforts that require input and output from across the company to help our company level up.
- Monitor performance of the consumer product - You will be responsible for collaborating with teams to ensure that performance of new features and initiatives are properly monitored.
- Build experiences customers love - Ensure that consumer experiences are delighting users and generating organic growth through word of mouth. You will serve as a voice for our users, ensuring that we meet their high standards for engaging experience and quality.
Some 2020 Deliverables
- Collaborate with Sr. Product Manager to define roadmap for 2021
- Ship user facing features that improve early user engagement and retention
Skills Required for this Role:
- Stellar user research chops - You are not afraid to dig in and unearth the underlying causal mechanisms that drive adoption, usage & retention. Well-versed in ethnography, generative interviews, evaluative interviews, & A/B testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Creating detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
- Strong business acumen - Familiarity with subscription-based consumer businesses and SaaS metrics.
- A strong eye for user experience - Must be able to communicate using design tools like Figma, Principle, Invision, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the basic technologies and tools including APIs, no-code services, SQL, Firebase, Heroku, AWS services, etc.
- Web and mobile experience - Experience leading teams to develop and launch compelling consumer experiences across web and mobile. Must be ambidextrous across mobile and web, with a strong preference for mobile-first.
- Project management chops - Execute the blocking and tackling required to pilot a high functioning, multidisciplinary product squad; Strong understanding of agile principles and ability to run ceremonies.
Traits Required for the Role
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle in a person’s ability to learn and participate in dance is what drives your product decision-making.
- Doer - Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and wade through the muck to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - Consumes and distills new information voraciously, climbs learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
- Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to parse signals from noise, extrapolate the underlying pattern, identify the sensitive inputs & weightings and generalize to other contexts.
- Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and make tradeoffs.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Empathy - COVID-19 has changed the way we live and work; empathy for both our users and coworkers during these uncertain times is a crucial trait for our leaders.
What It’ll Be Like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
We think of ourselves as craftsmen and women who obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
We promise we'll always judge you on your results and nothing else.
As a startup, we move fast, stay nimble, focus intently, and put in the grind.
We work hard, but it’s a fun journey, and our students make it all worth it.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.