STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with the world’s best online dance classes.
We’re looking for a Junior Android Engineer to collaborate with the product team, own the development of our Android app, and ship features users will love.
What You Can Expect:
- Develop and ship features with a keen focus on positively impacting user experience and business growth
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively on Android while also being a resource to other teams and engineers
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to rapidly ship features
- Identifying and fixing bugs and critical issues
- Participate in code reviews and feedback sessions to maximize growth opportunities
What You’re Good At:
- Building, testing, releasing, and maintaining applications in either Java or Kotlin using Android Studio
- 1+ years experience working as an Android engineer
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and engineers to help set product definitions and roadmaps
- History of shipping apps that users love on the Google Play Store, you can show what you’ve owned
- Strong knowledge of Android UI development
- Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency
- Experience with video streaming and handling multimedia is a plus
- Familiarity with other technologies like Firebase, AWS, Git, etc. is a plus
- Experience with open source libraries used for development such as Glide, Butter Knife, etc. is a plus
- Adapting to changes in the workflow and being able to move quickly through product obstacles
- Listening to and applying constructive feedback from your teammates and peers
What It’ll Be Like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
Like dancers who love their craft, we obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work in our respective areas.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
We promise we'll always judge you on your results and nothing else.
As a startup, we move fast, stay nimble, focus intently, and put in the grind.
STEEZY is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.