SteelHouse’s mission is to create performance marketing that performs all from one beautiful user interface. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at SteelHouse are builders at heart. Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to truly connect marketers and their customers in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger marketing interactions — we're just getting started.
As a Data Automation Engineer, you will work closely with our Engineering team who is focused on supporting the automation of data pipelines, code-based data products and platform services. Your expertise in code repositories such as BitBucket or GitLab and programming languages, techniques like Python, and other cloud data technologies would be key to deliver the required automation and support. Familiarity JIRA is a plus. You will work towards supporting deployment, data flow architecture and automation to deliver highly available, performant and secure environments.
- Work creatively and analytically in an environment demonstrating teamwork innovation and excellence.
- Ability to troubleshoot code defects, data errors and configuration problems to determine the origin of production errors.
- Strong experience AWS cloud infrastructure, database languages (SQL) and scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Python)
- Should have prior experience automating deployment of part of or entire CI/CD pipeline in Data Warehouse environment.
- Cross functional interaction with Production Support & Client Services teams.
- Performed data profiling on downstream data for the purposes of finding field anomalies and possible data quality issues.
- Worked in an Agile Software Delivery methodology, highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Experienced in Database Testing and using various DBMS tools including SQL Databases and performing complex queries.
- Experienced working with Amazon Web Services, querying and working with data in various AWS services.
- Excellent software engineering skills with expertise in Java, REST APIs, microservices (5+ years)
- Excellent scripting skills (Python / PHP a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or in team settings on complex production issues.
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% Remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
SteelHouse provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. SteelHouse Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with SteelHouse, including Virgin America, TUMI, Staples, Beachbody, and others.