SteelHouse’s mission is to create performance marketing that executes from one beautiful user interface. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at SteelHouse are builders at heart. Our team is constantly solving problems and working together to connect marketers and their customers in truly meaningful ways. We believe that people are reliable, good, honest and effective. We hire people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in streaming television.
As VP of Engineering, you will lead a team of application developers through various phases of software development. You will give technical direction, identify hiring needs, and drive performance by empowering our team members. You’re a hands-on computer software technologist expert who is interested in being a true business partner with our product team to help drive great products across the finish line. You’ll collaborate with various teams to determine how we’ll scale and will extend current projects by bringing vision and creative solutions to the business – all while balancing priorities. It’s essential you organize the teams for successful product releases. You’ll work hand in hand with our CEO, CPO, and Engineering team to contribute the SteelHouse vision.
- Empower the engineering team
- Recruit, hire and mentor the engineering team
- Arbitrate between business and engineering needs
- Partner with product finding permanent solutions to expedite products to the finish
- Contribute to our vision and architecture
- Know the systems and servers intimately
- Work across tech stack and be excited to develop new languages
- Drive best practices and principals of Engineering to make great decisions
- 7-10 years hands-on software engineering -solving and scaling problems horizontally
- 5+ years leading and building a team of software engineers to do the same
- Exceptional people skills –mentoring, leading, scaling teams of 50-100 (required)
- Ability to attract and inspire top-notch engineers
- Strong leadership and communication (synchronous and asynchronous) skills
- Pristine organizational skills – you understand how to organize teams for success
- Hands-on management approach to deliver and maintain complex systems
- Development experience scaling complex systems
- Passion for architecture and coding
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% Remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
SteelHouse provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. SteelHouse Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with SteelHouse, including Virgin America, TUMI, Staples, Beachbody, and others.