SteelHouse’s mission is to create performance marketing, powered through one beautiful user interface. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at SteelHouse are builders at heart. Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to truly connect marketers and their customers in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger marketing interactions — we're just getting started.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer on our Data team, you will help build the platform to generate, track, manage and triage key business and client success metrics. The goal is to have rapid insights across all imaginable information to mitigate issues and identify opportunities for a smooth marketing experience.
- Become the expert on the SteelHouse platforms, UI, databases, and data pipelines
- Partner with business groups to define and quantify metrics for performance, risks, opportunities, and effectiveness
- Create SQL functions/stored procedures and other jobs to analyze and extract meaningful business metrics from raw data
- Organize the data and metrics for measurable and trackable confidence in reporting and client performance to fulfill agreed-upon quality standards
- Organize the visualizations, reporting, and alerting necessary to rapidly inform relevant parties of performance issues, degradation, trends and opportunities
- Investigate critical incidents and otherwise ensure that any issues reach resolution by the relevant parties
- 5+ years of experience related to data analysis and modeling complex raw data
- Very strong experience in SQL and dimensional modeling, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows.
- Experience with data models of core business systems and mapping out the end-to-end data pipelines
- Advanced relational databases and data modeling skills
- Hands-on experience working with data warehouse technologies
- Working experience of Linux or related operating systems and tools
- Familiarity in a business intelligence tool such as Domo, Looker or Tableau
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Written and verbal communication skills to convey complex technical topics to non-technical audiences across the organization
- Proficient interpersonal skills and collaboration skills; ability to partner with technical teams and business partners within Finance, Business Operations, and Engineering
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% Remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
SteelHouse provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. SteelHouse Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with SteelHouse, including Virgin America, TUMI, Staples, Beachbody, and others.