As a Senior Accountant at Steelhouse, we are looking for someone that can work in the weeds of the month end close process, but can also see the bigger picture to ensure our company’s financial health is always the top priority. Your ability to communicate effectively, navigate deadlines with ease, and be a team player will help the company remain on solid standing with US GAAP guidance and the various audit and compliance projects you will be impacting.
We are not just looking for a senior accountant- we are looking for a future leader that has the potential to take on a great deal of new projects and understand the intricacies of what it takes to be a process driven accounting function. We believe that people are reliable, good, honest and effective. We hire people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in streaming television.
- Provide audit ready schedules and communicate with external auditors
- Lead compliance filings at the local, state and federal level.
- Lead preparation of monthly financial package, ad-hoc reporting and year-end Financial Statements.
- Accurately perform month end close process for a variety of areas: Cash, Prepaid, deferred rent, Fixed Asset, Accounts Payable, accrued expense, and debt.
- Create and maintain reconciliations on key asset and liability accounts.
- Use your strong analytical and problem-solving skills to propose and implement solutions and process efficiencies for our growing business.
- Analyze profit and loss accounts and underlying support to provide key insights and recommendations.
- Be an effective liaison for our 3rd party vendors, systems, and customer contacts.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, Product Development, and Product Support teams to solve challenging problems.
- Contribute bringing in your knowledge of best practices and driving process improvement.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or relevant function
- Active CPA License
- MBA or Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance or related field)
- Strong core knowledge of US GAAP Accounting
- Experienced working with 3rd party auditors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, expert in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to learn quickly and take on ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested.
- Ability to manage resources across sales, marketing and client services to prioritize in accordance with business goals and define deliverables
- Ability to track, monitor, and report on projects and deliverables
- Ability to guide and direct a broad array of reporting projects simultaneously from demand to closure working through an agile methodology
- Background in AdTech, e-commerce or client-facing SaaS platforms and a firm knowledge of marketing performance terminology
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Prior Big 4 Experience preferred
- Public Company experience with exposure to SEC filings
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Stock Base Compensation and Debt accounting experience, a plus.
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency - we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
SteelHouse provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. SteelHouse Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with SteelHouse, including Virgin America, TUMI, Staples, Beachbody, and others.