SteelHouse technology pushes the limits of open source software application development with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Frontend applications written in react.js, node.js, and PHP create simple-to-use interfaces that allow non-technical users the ability to customize their campaigns, interactive creatives, and reporting to suit any need, so that they can focus on marketing instead of the tools.
Our core java applications and microservices handle over hundreds of millions requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. Cassandra and in-house solutions are leveraged heavily to keep attributes and metadata up-to-date to meet the demanding SLAs of rapid response advertising.
About the Job
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will work on designing integrations between our award-winning platform and others like Twitter, Facebook and Tradedesk.
- Design and build a robust platform for syncing data with third party vendors in order to create a marketing platform that reaches the right audience, anywhere, anytime
- Leverage third party and company data and architecture to analyze, design, and optimize our product offerings to drive performance
- Collaborate with and explain complex technical issues to Product and Project Managers
- Maintain and enhance existing integrations.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years experience writing SQL queries and designing database tables
- Knowledge of integration patterns
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of HTTP lifecycle
- Knowledge of JUnit and how to write effective test cases
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
Nice to haves include:
- Python experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and Mongo
The gig comes with a few perks:
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location
SteelHouse provides software for brands, agencies, and direct marketers. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite gives premium brands worldwide everything they need to run retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social – all with complete control and total transparency. With the SteelHouse Creative Suite anyone can create beautiful ads using the content around them.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.
If you have the qualifications and are a generally awesome person with a great outlook on life, please send us your resume. We’d love to know your story.