Do you picture yourself working for a company where accountability, ambition, quality, respect and trust are the five main pillars of culture? If so, read on. We believe people are effective, good, honest and reliable. We hire people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in advertising. We are SteelHouse, an online advertising technology company powering real time marketing solutions that produce incredible results for our clients.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our team in Culver City. You will be working with cutting-edge online advertising technology and delivering top notch, scalable products as part of a fun, supportive, energetic team.
Our core Java applications and microservices handle hundreds of millions of requests per day, upon which a platform for real-time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. NoSQL databases and in-house solutions are leveraged heavily to keep attributes and metadata up-to-date to meet the demanding SLAs of rapid response advertising.
- Design, develop, and execute test plans for web interfaces and backend applications
- Architect systems to document, track, and communicate issues for proper notification, escalation, and resolution
- Work closely with product owners and developers to ensure delivery of quality products
- Mentor a process that will contribute solutions for daily technical issues that arise, while also managing the testing of multi-day projects
- 3-5 years’ solid experience testing back-end applications, web services, and APIs
- Experience with SQL and database concepts
- Experience with UNIX in navigation, debugging, data manipulation
- Experience with scripting languages (php, python, perl, bash, etc.)
- Ability to test products from the command line (not from a UI)
- Experience with web and UI testing
- Experience with web services and API testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to contribute tactically and strategically
- Experience with QA Automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management and Systems or a closely related field
Nice to Haves Include:
- Experience with HTML, Java
- Experience with SVN/GIT and how it relates to managing release cycles
- Experience with AGILE methodologies and ensuring sprint priorities are met
The gig comes with a few perks:
- Competitive compensation.
- 100% healthcare coverage for team member
- Open ended vacation policy.
- 401k plan.
- Company meals and stocked kitchen.
- Dog-friendly office.
SteelHouse provides software for brands, agencies, and direct marketers. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite gives premium brands worldwide everything they need to run retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social – all with complete control and total transparency. With the SteelHouse Creative Suite anyone can create beautiful ads using the content around them.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.
If you have the qualifications and are a generally awesome person, please send us your resume as soon as possible.