Are you a strategic, organized, down to the last detail-oriented person? Do you have a gift for implementing effective accounting processes and accurate financial reporting? SteelHouse is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager who can implement accounting processes, prepare high quality financial reports in a timely manner, manage multiple and competing priorities, and build out a team to help execute on deliverables. If you are looking to expand your experience and grow your career in managing accounting processes for a company serving primarily internet retail top 500 customers, this is the role for you. We believe people are good, honest, and reliable. We hire people that share that belief.
The Senior Accounting Manager will take a strategic position within SteelHouse’s Finance team, and report directly into our Controller. The team is seeking a motivated, meticulous individual who can ensure the timely and accurate management of accounting operations at our Company.
- Own accounting operations, including preparing and recording the monthly close processes with journal entries and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting using NetSuite
- Reconcile/review balance sheet accounts, perform trend analysis on income statement accounts at month end, and produce error-free accounting reports/financial statements
- Collaborate with Controller to keep proper controls in place, while maintaining GAAP financials
- Serve as audit liaison/coordinator
- Research new and proposed accounting standards, including assessing the impact to the Company and assisting with the implementation of the new accounting standards
- Assist with special projects including the design and implementation of internal financial reporting, identifying process improvement opportunities and suggesting potential solutions
- 6+ years of Accounting work experience, including public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience; CPA preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience overseeing and leading staff accountants
- Proficiency in NetSuite (or other accounting software experience) and Excel
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of implementing change and continuously improving processes
- The ability to prioritize, multitask, and problem solve in a fast-paced environment while remaining organize
- The desire to make an impact in a critical role at a dynamic, fast-paced organization with excellent career growth potential
The gig comes with a few perks:
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency — We share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio – Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks, and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.