Senior Java Engineer-Backend
SteelHouse technology pushes the limits of application development taking advantage of the latest open source software with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Our microservices handle over hundreds of millions of requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
- Design and build a robust marketing platform that reaches the right audience, anywhere, anytime
- Build high volume services that are reliable at scale
- Develop big data solutions using open source frameworks
- Collaborate with and explain complex technical issues to Product and Project Leads
- Optimize and enhance existing products
- 3-7 years of Java experience
- 1-2 years’ experience writing SQL queries and designing database tables
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of HTTP lifecycle
- Knowledge of Junit and BDD and how to write effective unit & functional test cases
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX
- Experience on AWS, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management and Systems or a closely related field
Nice to haves:
- Python, Scala experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.
Did We Mention the Gig Comes with a Few Perks?
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location