Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Field Service Engineer Co-op to join our team!
You will play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will have a major impact on the medical and life sciences fields!
How You'll Contribute
- Work closely with the Field Service Engineering Team and Development Groups to verify and validate product operational and performance requirements
- Follow lab protocols and procedures to operate development systems and deliver test results
- Analyze quality control metrics for instrument runs and prepare data sets for analysis
- Document and escalate issues identified through the course of testing development instrumentation
- Troubleshoot instruments
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Working on obtaining a degree in Biomedical Engineering
- Experience working in a lab/manufacturing environment is a plus
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Wet lab and intensive pipetting experience is a plus
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.