Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team!
We are seeking a senior full-stack engineer with solid experience designing and developing applications in modern web technology stacks. You will develop web applications that enable scientists and engineers to explore and visualize large and complex datasets. As a senior member of a small team, you will make fundamental contributions to our software design and implementation.
This position is full-time based in Newark, California or remote.
How You’ll Contribute
- Conceptualize, design, and develop scalable web applications for tracking and visualizing complex engineering and scientific data and workflows.
- Implement well designed and high quality software in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Work with product and other R&D teams to spec out new software features.
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers.
- Collaborate across teams on priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing web applications.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and secure coding practices.
- Strong experience with user-interface design and front-end development using React.
- Strong experience writing server-side business logic in NodeJS and Python/Flask.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, e.g. MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, and deployment.
- Experience in web development in C# .NET highly desirable.
- Experience with AWS services (e.g. RDS, S3, API Gateway) preferred.
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.